Antrim Senior Football Championship quarter-finals

Lámh Dhearg                              3-8

Cargin                                          1-11

Lámh Dhearg produced an incredible fightback to shock Cargin at Casement Park.  The sides swapped early goals but the Erin’s Own men looked well on course for victory with ten minutes to play when they led by seven.

However, Brendan Herron found the net before Conor Murray hit a wonder goal as Lámh Dhearg came alive and finished stronger to win by three.

Lámh Dhearg: J Finucane, C Kelly, K Murray, C Nolan, M Hynes, M Herron, C McVarnock, C Murray (1-0), S Tully, G Slane (0-1), D Lynch (0-1), B McComb, P Cunningham (0-6, 5f), B Herron (1-0), R Murray (1-0). Subs: D Stranney for S Tully (ht), C Maxwell for B McComb (48 mins), S Tully for C Maxwell (58 mins).

St Gall’s                                      4-19

Moneyglass                                 1-6

St Gall’s opened their Championship campaign with a 22-point demolition of Moneyglass.

After a bright start, the South West men were hit with goals from Karl Stewart (two) and Aodhán Gallagher as St Gall’s went into overdrive.  A fourth major from Kevin McGourty sealed the rout and sent a warning shot to the other sides left in the competition.

St Gall’s: Ronan Gallagher, D Harbinson, C Brady, S Kennedy, D Cummings (0-3), S Kelly, A Healy, S Burke (0-1), Kevin McGourty (1-2), Kieran McGourty (0-2), A Gallagher (1-1), D O’Hare, K Stewart (2-4, 1f), K Niblock (0-2, 2f), Rory Gallagher.

Subs: P Veronica for S Kennedy (18 mins), C McGourty (0-2) for Rory Gallagher (44 mins), N O’Neill (0-1) for Kevin McGourty (48 minutes), S Burns (0-1) for D O’Hare (48 minutes), C Kerr for Ronan Gallagher (53 mins).

Antrim Senior Football Championship semi-finals

Lámh Dhearg                             0-11

Creggan                                       0-9

The sharpshooting of Paddy Cunningham was the decisive factor on a horrible night at Casement Park. Despite the heavy rain, Lámh Dhearg came flying out of the blocks and were good value for their 0-8 to 0-3 half-time lead.

There was a fightback from Creggan in the second half as they got the gap to one but vital scores from Cunningham helped the Red Hands over the line and into the final.

Lámh Dhearg: J Finucane, C Nolan, K Murray, C Kelly, M Hynes, M Herron, D Stranney (B McCrudden 52 mins), B Herron (0-1), C Murray, B McComb (K Quinn 49 mins), S Tully (C Tumelty 55 mins), G Slane, P Cunningham (0-9, 7f), R Murray, D Lynch (0-1).

St Gall’s                                      0-19

St Brigid’s                                    1-6

St Gall’s had all but secured their place in the final by half-time when they led by nine points in this one-sided semi-final.

Any hopes of an enthralling contest were put to bed early as the champions came flying out of the blocks and piled on the scores.

A St Brigid’s goal early in the second half was token resistance as the Milltown men toyed with their opponents and coasted into the final.

St Gall’s: Ronan Gallagher, D Harbinson (P Veronica), C Brady, Kieran

McGourty (A Healy), D Cummings,

A McClean, S Kelly, S Burke 0-1 (D O’Hare), Kevin McGourty, T O’Neill, Rory Gallagher (Conor McGourty 0-2), A Gallagher 0-1, K Stewart 0-5,

M Pollock 0-5 (B Bradley), K Niblock 0-5