The U18s claimed their biggest win of the season to make it four wins out of their last five games.

Poor defending allowed St Mary’s to take the lead but it wasn’t long before the Ryan Beattie and Eoin Doherty show got under way – with the front pair involved in every goal.

While Doherty gets the glory for his first ever hat-trick, it was Beattie who was the architect ably supported by Paddy McEvoy and Michael Deeny.

And within five minutes of going behind they equalised when Beattie pulled back for Doherty to tap into the net. Beattie was again released by the industrious Joey Sweeney and Doherty was again on hand to finish.The Colts added two more goals remarkably in exactly the same fashion through Paddy McEvoy and Doherty.

Rory McDonnell and Michael Mooney were faultless for most of the game while full backs Gary Fletcher and James Artherton added an attacking dimension. Andy Carter battled well on the left hand side.

St Mary’s earned a very dubious penalty  to reduce the deficit to 4-2.

A third goal for St Mary’s might have caused a few flutters in the home defence but Nathan Lyons in goal and the back four were solid.

Colts introduced Jonny Murray and he immediately caused problems for the visitors. With McEvoy, Deeny and Sweeney combining superbly the Colts were carving open the opposing defence at will.

Murray found Doherty in the box and he was bundled over for a penalty. Deeny scored his second successive spot kick to put the game beyond St Mary’s.

Danny Toal added to the firepower when he replaced the injured Doherty.

Colts: Lyons, Artherton, Fletcher, Mooney, McDonnell, McEvoy, Deeny, Sweeney, Beattie, Doherty (Toal), Carter (Murray)


Carryduff Colts                            1

Ballynahinch Youth                              0

The Colts struggled to get any passing going early on while Simon Henry was alert to turn a low driven shot away.

Five minutes before the break Ballynahinch almost took the lead but captain Ronan Lavery cleared off the line.

On the restart Luke Devlin came on upfront while Christopher Campbell and Ronan Lavery switched roles.

The changes brought a new impetus to the Colts’ play.

Dylan Strong forced a good save from the keeper after neat footwork in the box.

Ben Davis’ corner caused problems with Dylan Strong and Connor Maguire having efforts blocked before Luke Devlin slotted home to give the Colts the lead.

Connor McCann came into the defence while Mark Reid and Jack Foy provided fresh legs up front.

COLTS: Henry, Hynes, Lavery (c), Murtagh (McCann), Cunningham, Maguire, Davis, Campbell, Strong (Foy), Mulholland (Devlin), Connery (Reid).a